Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Provide positive representation of store.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Provide a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all calls and pages are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the customer and have store’s best interest taken into consideration.
• Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Ensure a positive, professional and safe work environment for all associates.
• Supervise the “general operations” of the entire store, especially in the Store Managers absence.
• Responsible for opening and closing the store.
• Ensure successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal Audits.
• Work with General Manager and Store Manager on all aspects of running the store.
• Implement new Standard Operating Procedures into store execution.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise areas.
• Ensure that weekly price changes and label updates are completed timely and accurately.
• Manage and direct preventative maintenance and repairs in order to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e. building, fixtures and equipment).
• Visit competition to be familiar with what they are doing.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Inventory & Merchandising
• Assist to ensure forklift operations and receiving is completed in a safe and efficient way.
• Assist to ensure receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise adheres to best practices.
• Assist with maintenance of back stock levels.
• Assist to ensure that inventory counts and negative on hand reports are completed timely and accurately.
• Assist in ordering and maintaining desirable product inventory levels to ensure in-stocks and store profitability.
• Assist with merchandise resets throughout the store.
• Assist to ensure all signage is current in the store.
• Assist in presenting a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and promotional and incremental merchandising.
Hiring & Training of Associates
• Assist in training of all associates.
• Actively recruit and promote the advancement of associates.
• Manage all aspects of store operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
• Lead by example; be approachable by all associates and customers.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to the General Manager for follow up.
• Prepare and challenge yourself for future advancement.